Success Stories - MyBizUP Consulting
German subsidiary of an International Player in the Fire Protection Industry in Europe.
Loss making Business, small market share and stagnating business.
How to improve all this by achieving Sales Excellence
- No Winning Sales Strategy
- No Sales Processe (s)
- No Sales KPIs
- No CRM System
- Poor Bonus System
- Sales Forces lacking important skills
- Sub-optimal Sales Organization
- No Bid Management Process / No KPIs / No Executive Summary
- Clear Sales Strategy that has been communicated
- Customer segmentation and focus in place
- Clearly Defined Sales Processes for each product family
- Implementing Sales Processes for each product family
- Sales KPIs defined
- Monitoring KPIs
- CRM is selected and being implemented.
- Using CRM
- MBO / Better Bonus Program
- Continuous Trainings (e.g. Negotiation, Technical etc…)
- E / Learnings
- Improving Sales Organization (Regional & National Roles, New People, Internal & External Sales are one team etc…).
- Bid Management Process Implemented with Executive Summary
- Bid Management Process Used and KPIs monitored.
- Margin management through targets and transparency on customer and ACM level
Results after 1.5 years:
- Double Digit Sales Growth
- Margin improvement resulting in profitability improvement
- First time profitable business
- Sales Excellence
- Leading Global Company, based in Austria.
- Result of a Recent Fusion of two major Global Companies .
- Plants in Europe, North America, South America and China
Challenges/ Problems to be solved:
- For MRO in Europe
- Reduce the huge number of suppliers to a few category champions with a wide enough product portfolio, great capabilities and a decent geographical coverage
Winning MRO Sourcing Strategy
- Selecting and engaging with the best suppliers (categories
champions) with the right product / brand portfolio, the
appropriate geographical coverage and the right set of
capabilities (Technical, Logistical, E-Procurement, Reporting,
Managerial (Ability to manage the client as a real Key account
and commit to generating Operational Cost Savings) ).
- Reducing the number of suppliers from over > 1500 to less
Successful Transformation Project
- An Industrial MRO Project is not only a Procurement
initiative but has to be managed as a transformation project,
because it involves allot of Stake Holders and changes the
relationship with the remaining suppliers.
- Setting up the right governance for this project was essential:
from Top Management Attention (CPO / CFO) to having a
collaborative approach involving the key Stake Holders was
essential for the success of this project.
- The Key Stake Holders: Plant Management, Maintenance &
Engineering, Store Management and local Procurement. We
defined benefits for every Stake Holder to have their
engagement and support throughout the project.
- Drastic Supplier Reduction
- Overall, 17% Committed Cost Savings on year 1.
- Year on Year committed Operational Cost Savings
- 3-5 Years Contracts in place with a defined project roll
out to implement cost savings and harmonized and
- TCO Reduction (better prices, effective P2P Processes)
- Working Capital Reduction
- Productivity Increase
- Improved Service
Results after 1.5 years:
- 17% Cost Savings encompassing Price and committed operational savings in year 1.
- Year on Year Committed Savings.
- New level of Supplier Relationship with the retained few.